Committee - People and Roles
Here are some of our members, their roles and how to get in touch with them :
Chair - Simon Scaddan
- 11a Derby Road, Flat 1, Fry Court, RG4 5HE
- 3a Derby Road, RG4 5HE
- 23 Derby Road, RG4 5HE
- Gill Vooght, Derby Road
- Sean Mitchell, Derby Road
- Julie Mills - Derby Road
- James Harcourt- Derby Road
- Chairman - will ensure that the constitution is up-held and the resident’s interests are observed, to the best of the Committee’s ability. The Chairman will co-ordinate and chair the quarterly meetings ensuring that a fair and democratic decision is reached on each agenda item, or if a majority is not reached, for the agenda item to be put to a vote by the residents. A written annual report outlining the previous year's activities will be made available at the AGM to all residents.
- Treasurer - will ensure that all funds are collected promptly, that all payments are paid promptly and that the bank account is managed in a professional manner and does not accrue any unnecessary bank charges. An annual statement will be made available to all residents during the AGM as part of the annual report. The Treasurer will issue a notice for payment of the annual Road Fund Charge during October to November each year. The Treasurer will issue a notice reminder of late payment of annual Road Fund Charges in January. Non-payment of funds by any Residence will be pursued by the Treasurer and if a debt is not cleared within 90 days of reminder letter, other residents will be made aware of the debt on the accounts.
- Secretary - will ensure that an agenda is presented at all meetings and accurate minutes are taken and circulated to Committee members within two weeks of each meeting, for review and agreement. Once approved by the Committee, an electronic copy will be sent to any residents of the road who requested a copy, and has supplied the Committee with an email address.
Vacancies - Join our Committee as a invited guest to be the first to find out what is going on along the road. We meet just a few times a year for about one hour and we are always grateful for new members.
Every part of the road has its own interests and things to improve. We need your help to explore and test new ideas.
Reading Borough Council takes our views seriously and we have sometimes acted as a local 'Pressure Group' where there is widespread support for a person or group intent on getting something done!